On Friday, November 6th at 7 pm, Heroes In Transition will be hosting its 11th Annual Fall Gala. Due to COVID restrictions, the event is taking place virtually.
This year’s Gala will celebrate the resiliency of Heroes and those we serve who have had to adapt to these uncertain times. Despite the challenges posed by the pandemic, Heroes has stepped up to ensure our local veterans, service members, and military families get the help they need and deserve.
By attending this year’s Fall Gala, you will be strengthening our programs which include:
- Monthly gatherings for veterans, military couples, military spouses, and military spouses
- Fall & Spring Couples Retreat
- Families In Transition (FIT) Camp, a five-day equine therapy program for military families held in the summer
- Canine Co-Pilot Program which connects veterans with service dogs, based on need
- Financial assistance for veterans and military families in need
- Woman’s Reboot, a 7-week program that provides female veterans/active duty military and military spouses with the tools needed to build resiliency and cultivate mindfulness that fosters good health and well-being, all while creating a community among participants
Not long after the pandemic hit, we launched a series of virtual events, including regular online gatherings to keep those we serve connected while they were isolated at home. To this day, we have continued our Saturday morning Virtual Spouses Coffee Chat.
Your support of this year’s Fall Gala will ensure we can continue to assist those we serve and keep them connected at a time when many are asked to isolate at home. For many, isolation can trigger a number of issues, including stress, depression, and loneliness. Your support of this year’s Gala will serve as a vital link that connects veterans, service members, and military families to the integral bonds they need to address the added stressors of the pandemic.
If you’re interested in serving as a sponsor, please email us at email@example.com.
If you can’t attend, but want to support the Gala, consider a donation to Heroes In Transition.